Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nice and Dark, Just How I LIke My Men...

...wait what?  Who SAID that?  Ok, other than my title, I'm feeling woefully uncreative at the moment.  I promise to turn up the sass for the next post.  The blackberry jam experiment yesterday was a success, and let me tell ya this, not having to dice the fruit in any way was AWESOOOOOME.  At any rate, here are some totally gorge fruit pics.




This looks like a horrible granny smith apple murder scene.  Random jam factoid:  blackberries don't have enough natural pectin to "gel" on their own.  If you add apple slices while cooking, the blackberries use and abuse them for their pectin, and then you can discard the apples or use elsewhere.  Huh.  


I'm glad blackberries were on sale and I decided to try this recipe, if for nothing else than the richness of the colors and the texture of the jam.  Blackberry Jam with Lemon Zest:  Nice and Dark, Just How I like My Men!

No comments:

Post a Comment