Saturday, June 18, 2011

Just Like Vanilla Ice Cream and Hot Pepper Jelly



Today was the start of the Paoli farmer's market adventure!  After getting scolded for being in the wrong place by the man who OWNS Paoli (in all fairness it's like 1 block long, but still), we got all set up for fabulousness.  It was a tad slow, but I got caught up with Deb E who served as my jam sidekick for the day, and I don't get tired of saying it, I definitely won the cutest table contest.


For anyone who has never been to Paoli, the town is unincorporated and literally 1 block long, BUT that block is full of cute little tchotchke shops, art galleries, a DELISH cheese shop, and of course, my new business best friend, the Paoli Bread and Brat Haus!  Deb and I had super yummy homemade brats brought right out to us, which of course, is just about when we got busy.  In fact, we got busy just after I spilled pesto from my brat all over my boob, and my shirt had this awesome oily stain.  Luckily, the stain didn't seem to deter, and I sold me several jars of hot peppa jelly!  WHICH, by the way, is super yummy with...vanilla ice cream.  Weird, yes.  Yummy, YES!  Just sayin'.

I'll take more pics next weekend, but this area could not be more quaint and idyllic.  In fact, looking at the pics, it's like its own small town utopia.  Even though it's not directly in Madison, I think it's totally worth the mini-trip.  If not for my jam, for homemade brats, fresh picked fruit, and awesome cheese (the horseradish chive havarti is my FAVE)!








These were just pretty!






That's right, it's a pony.  A PONY!  Could it be any cuter there?  And I'm pretty sure kids can ride him.

Here's what I'm sayin':  some Saturday shopping, a fun art purchase, a loaf of artisan bread, a jar of homemade jam, a wedge of fresh cheese, a basket from home with some wine, and a little picnic by the creek.  I'm not sure it gets more quaint, yet fabulous than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment