Monday, June 13, 2011

Products and Friends

Oh hey y'all,

I have some future posts in mind (I made cardamom plum jam today, and strawberry-basil jam yesterday), BUT for now I'm just gonna make sure that I have a list of my products, and my new Farmer's Market Friends listed on the blog.

Some Kolaches from Paolo Bread and Brat Haus.  Um, yum.
First, let me introduce my new Farmer's Market friends!  First, there is Miss Jamie, who is one of the co-founders of the Paoli Bread and Brat Haus.  Not only did she make this insanely delicious bread with a jar of my relish, she thinks she might be able to make a cheese/bread/hot pepper jelly concoction.  She might just be my idol.

Paoli site:  http://breadandbrathaus.com/   (Please note that this Saturday is apparently the naked bike ride?  Did a girl pick the right day to join a market or what??)  I suggest visitors...

Also, Jamie even made me a member of the restaurant food family!:  http://breadandbrathaus.com/?page_id=15

Secondly, there are all sorts of other amazing vendors at the market:  Birch House Farms (they technically win the "Cutest Table Contest," but only for now...), Cookies with Heart, and Elderberry Farm (this adorable newbie farmer named Eric who just might have the best salad spring mix and swiss chard this girl has EVER had). Oh!  And cheese curds.  There are delicious fresh cheese curds.  And many, many others.

And in case you're not one of my loyal friends who dutifully reads my blog postings, here is a list of my goods!

Products currently available:

Hot Peppa Jelly!                             Spicy Pickles                       Spicy Carrot Pickles (delish!)
Strawberry-Lemon Jam                  Relish
Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam               Blackberry Jam
Cranberry Mustard                         Strawberry-Basil Jam
Black Bean and Corn Salsa            Cardamom-Plum Jam

Future products:

Apricot Jam
Mango-Pineapple Relish
Peach-Habanero Hot Sauce
Orange Rhubarb Jam
Strawberry-Poppyseed Jam



Y'all can always email me at whambam.jams@gmail.com if you can't make it to the market, and want to place an order!


(Ok, this picture has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything.  However, I just really liked this carrot.  When I was making the spicy carrot pickles last week (during the tornado, oops), I decided that if there were ever a carrot to turn into a wand, this would be it.  I could totally Petrificus Totalus someone with this wand a la Hermione Granger.)


5 comments:

  1. Ok, we have to do something about the cutest table contest immediately. I love your idea of a bowl of fruit. Displaying the fresh ingredients of your products is a really good way to go. Maybe you could print pics of ways to serve your stuff? Like take a picture of your hot pepper jelly alongside a plate of cheese and crackers, for example? Put it in a stand-up frame on your table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm extremely unhappy with this turn of events. I do have a plan though. I like your idea of pictures of how to use the products. I'm working on creating some "platforms" that the jams can stand on--everything sitting on one level is just not aesthetically pleasing. I'm also thinking about making a couple of "party packs." LIke, pairing the hot pepper jelly with the strawberry-basil jam. Or pairing the salsa and relish for a BBQ pack, and making up a card with suggestions of other items to buy with the jams. Making my table the cutest is now my mission!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Various heights/colors added to the mix will make it fab. Good idea with the platforms! I wish I were going there sooner to help! I actually have two plastic tabletop displays at work that are like steps. We're not using them at the moment. Do you want me to send them? They're just sitting there in my back room...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...tempting. Let me see how my boxes do this week. I'll make sure to take the camera so you can see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, take pics again!

    ReplyDelete